WhatsApp is certainly the world’s most popular message app. Worldwide, it has more than one billion users. You can also share photos, videos, and other media in addition to messages.
WhatsApp indeed has a ton of options loaded inside it. But whereas, many users use modded third-part apps such as WhatsApp Plus and GBWhatsApp to use tons of features which the official WhatsApp doesn’t offer.
WhatsApp could, however, soon temporarily ban third-party applications, as they could compromise users ‘ privacy and data.
WhatsApp currently warns its users not to use any clones from third parties like GB WhatsApp or WhatsApp Plus.
WhatsApp issued a strong warning that those who use WhatsApp clones are at risk as security is not validated by the company.
WhatsApp said that those who use the clone of its app will temporarily be banned from their accounts. If the account of a user is blocked, the official WhatsApp version should be downloaded in order to resume the account.
Before downloading an official WhatsApp application, users must also save their chat history.
WhatsApp spokesman said that WhatsApp is extremely concerned with the security of our users. It is strongly recommended that users download WhatsApp from official app stores or from the website only in order to protect the privacy and security of their account.
This is how to move step by step to the official WhatsApp
GB WhatsApp Users:
- Step 1: Users should save their chat history on unofficial apps when temporary prohibitions are lifted to restore old chats. Click on options, chats, and backup chats.
- Step 2: Go to settings of the device, then storage, select files and find the folder of GB WhatsApp.
- Step 3: Press the icon and change the folder selected to “WhatsApp.”
- Step 4: Download Google Play Store’s official WhatsApp.
- Step 5: Verify the account by the OTP and select restore while prompted to backup chats.
- Step 6: WhatsApp retrieves your old chats from the unofficial application.
For WhatsApp Plus Users:
- Step 1: Use Google Play Store to download and install WhatsApp officially.
- Step 2: Verify your phone number and seamlessly restore all your chats.
Please ensure to remove unofficial apps or APKs from the phone to avoid problems.