There is no doubt that Google Maps is the best and the most popular map app out there. It has some great features such as real-time navigation, ETA, live traffic information, the ability to find places, gives directions to different places, informs us about the best alternative routes etc.
But did you know that Google Maps is much more than that?
In this blog, we’ll show you how Google Maps offers various tricks that are not visible to a normal user. These tricks can surely change the way you use Google Maps.
1. Share your location in real-time
There might be times when you are travelling alone or late in the evening.
It is always a good choice if your dear ones see your real-time location in such situations. This can be done with Google Maps very easily.
Read the following steps to learn how:
- Open the hamburger menu in the top left corner and tap on “Share Location” then tap “Get Started” in the following screen.
- You can either select a specific time period for which you want to share your location in real-time or you can select it endlessly until it is manually turned off.
- Tap “Select People” on the same screen. Next enter the email addresses of the people you want to share in real-time and tap “Share”.
Now, if you’ve shared your live location with someone, they can keep track your location in real-time.
2. The Battery Charge Trick
This is one of my favorite tricks. This trick can be a fun way to play with your friends.
As mentioned in the above step you can share your real-time location with anyone you want. This real-time location also shares your real-time battery percentage with the other user.
If you want to play with your friend then take his phone secretly and without knowing him, share his real-time location endlessly to your phone.
Then you can tease him by saying his battery percentage every single time.
I’m sure that no one will ever know about it.
3. Add several stops during navigation
There might be sometimes when you are going on a long journey.
There might also be sometimes when you Google Maps suggests you the best route but you never heard of it and might be hesitating to go on it.
Instead of changing your destination into multiple interval destinations. Do you know that Google Maps offers you to set multiple stops?
Here are the steps if you don’t know about it yet:
- Enter your destination as usual and tap on “Directions” in the lower right corner.
- Tap the 3 dot menu in the top right corner before you tap on “Start” the journey and choose “Add Stop”.
- Now to your journey you can add a stop. Moreover, the order of the various stops that you plan to take can be rearranged.
- You can see that the time of your journey changes as you rearrange this order.
- At the last, tap on the “Done” icon and then tap on “Start” to start the journey.
You can also find the nearby gas stations, restaurants, coffee shops etc when you navigate.
4. Save your place of parking
Do you often forget the place where you have parked your car?
Only remember to save your parking location on Google Maps the next time when you park your car.
Read the steps below to know how to do it:
- When you are viewing the app in full screen. You’ll see the “Location” on the bottom right center of your map. Tap it.
- After doing the above step you’ll notice a blue icon on the map. After tapping that a list appears in the bottom.
- Tap on “Save your Parking” from that list. This will save your parking location.
- Now, whenever you want to find out the parking location tap on the “Search Bar” and you’ll see an option below of Parking location.
If you are an avid user of Assistant then you can directly say to it to find the parked location.
Even if you use google maps already these small tricks will help you to bring the most out of it.
You can do a lot more with Google Maps, but I thought these were the most helpful ones.
If you know about any more such tricks don’t feel shy to share it with us in the comments box below…